Functional Skills (English, Maths)
What levels are available?
This course is available at Levels E1, E2, E3, L1, L2.
Who is this course for?
These courses have been designed for all learners whether full or part time.
The course develops knowledge and skills required to work in your chosen industry.
What will I learn?
In English your course will include:
- Step by step guides to develop a basic understanding of English
- Use of dictionaries and thesaurus to develop spelling
- Structure and format of documents
- Use of language and grammar
In Maths your course will include:
- Step by step methods to develop mathematical skills
- Calculator and non-calculator exercises
- Use and meaning of + – x ÷ %
- Mode, mean and range of groups of numbers
- Simple to complex calculations
When will I need to attend?
Each level will last 15-36 weeks dependant on initial assessment results.
How much will it cost me?
17-18 year olds on a full or part time programmes will pay no tuition fees. If you are over 19 years costs will vary dependant on your household income or your programme of study. Please contact us for further information.
What do I need?
All resources will be provided.
Can I get financial help?
There are support packages in place for tuition fees dependent on your household income, personal circumstances and GCSE results.
What can I do after the course?
After completing each level you can progress onto the next level or after level 2 you can study for a GCSE.